My name is Rob Fielden. I am the President of the Campbell River Tennis Club. Our executive for 2020 is Dave Bannerman (Treasurer), Sid Shook (Vice President) and Wendy Thurlborn (Secretary).
I would like to welcome all new and old members to the Campbell River Tennis club.
The CR Tennis club is a social and recreational club that welcomes new members regardless of their ability. We feature tennis tips for those who want to learn the game of tennis or for those of us who just want to relearn certain aspects to improve our game. These Tennis Tips are on Saturday mornings from 8:30-10:00 am starting May 25th.
Club play is 3 times a week. Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm and Saturday mornings from 10:00 am till 1:00 pm. Members come during club times and play doubles with other club members. There is no need to prearrange matches. Club members play a set of doubles then the players mix around ensuring everyone gets a chance to play. If you are new, club members will welcome you into play.
Our club also features a doubles ladder where everyone mixes and that play can be quite competitive because you will be playing others with similar abilities who want to move up in the rankings on the doubles ladder.
We also have monthly tennis mixer tournaments . These are fun tournaments where everyone who enters is randomly selected in groups of four and then they play for a timed amount (usually 20 minutes). Then, they regroup with another four players. These mixers are on Saturday morning and go from 10:00 am till approx. 1:00 pm.
If you have any interest in playing tennis and are not sure whether to join our club, you can come out to try it for two times at no charge.
Please read our entire website for further information about our club.
Rob Fielden, President, Campbell River Tennis Club
All events are located at Willow Point tennis courts:
Hello Tennis Players,
As of July 23rd, the City has allowed the Campbell River Tennis Club to book the Sportsplex tennis courts on Tuesday and Thursday evenings 5:00-10:00 pm, Saturday 8:30-10:00 am for lessons and 10:00 am to 1:00 pm for club doubles and singles tennis. The tennis fee for 2020 will be $30 per person. The club will not be holding mixers or the tennis ladder until the COVID-19 pandemic is over.
There are a few rules that club members have to follow for us to use the courts:
1) There can't be more than 16 club members at the court at any one time.
2) We will either have a sign in sheet or have a volunteer record who is playing so that contact tracing can be done if it becomes necessary.
4) Use balls that are new or have not been handled for at least three days before each session. Use a clean set of balls (not touched for a least three days) with each regrouping of players.
5) Have no physical contact between players.
6) Doubles is allowed with strict awareness and monitoring of the 2 m rule for physical distancing.
7) Each player should carry their own hand sanitizer for use before, after and during the match. Hand sanitizer should be used with each regrouping of players.
8) All players not in engaged in play should be outside the courts and follow the physical distancing rules.
Please do not show up to play if:
1) You have any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
2) You have been in contact with someone in the previous two weeks that has come down with COVID-19 symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19.
3) You have traveled outside the province in the previous 14 days before playing.
The City could revoke the contract if club members do not follow the guidelines. Play safe and have fun!!
Tennis Lessons & coaching:
Children, youth beginner adults
Tennis racquet stringing:
Donna Folster: Tel: 778-418-1994
Brent Larmour: Tel: 250-287-6619
Hello Tennis Players,